2nd April 2020
A message from Pastor David:
Susan and I send our love to you all.
I continue to be staggered at the change that has taken place in our country. The focus has changed, the streets are quiet, and everybody’s way of life has changed. This isn’t an easy time for any of us. I am so blessed to have Susan in the house, but I have missed connection and an embrace with people I love – our children, our grandchildren, Susan’s mum, our team, so many of you. And I know all of us are in the same boat.
“Jesus said ‘…all who come to me, I will embrace…and will never turn them away’.” John 6:37 TPT. If you long for an embrace, I can tell you that Jesus is there. “Come to me, I will embrace… and will never turn you away.” I am so grateful for the Love of God.
We are praying for you and are here if we can help you in any way. Simply ring our church number 0116 2558672 or email email@example.com or if you need anything at this time.
Let’s all keep connecting online and using the resources we are posting each week, and why not share them with others. Our new TLC Midweek Live is released today. Watch it by clicking this link – https://youtu.be/IwKoY3Bncg4
I am also beginning a short weekly video devotional which will feature TLC worship leaders singing inspirational songs in their homes. This will be sent with our Monday Mornings email, and you can expect the first one on Monday 6th April.
On Tuesday and Thursday, we continued to help many people with emergency food and through the Pie Night takeaway. We see this continuing throughout this period and for the demand on our food store to increase. Some of you have been asking how you can support Open Hands at this time with donations and next week we will share some ways you can help us with food donations – in the meantime please keep praying for us.
We have had a number of people from TLC in hospital over the last week and we pray healing for them and protection over you. Stay close to Jesus, continue praying and believe for the move of God we are all longing for.
Be blessed – The best is ahead.
26th March 2020
A further update from Pastors David & Susan:
In the middle of our world today, Jesus brings such hope to all of us. I have found the Bible so alive to me each day. I read yesterday – “Asa’s heart remained completely faithful to the Lord throughout his life” 1 Kings 15:14 – I would like this to be my legacy and I pray it is yours. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and serve him with everything… this is a legacy worth giving your life for.
We have just released the new TLC Midweek Live service online. You can also watch it by clicking this link – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN6s7V0Fj7I
I have been so blessed to hear of so many of you watching it on your own/as a family and being blessed by it. I have also heard from friends in other countries watching and joining in and people being drawn near to faith by simply watching. This week we recorded with just 5 of us as ministers and I felt a deep sense of the presence of God with us as we recorded. May you be blessed and encouraged as you watch – and let’s all share the service with lots of others who will be blessed.
We are sharing communion together this week and at the end we sing a blessing over you which is powerful. I have also loved hearing of hundreds of families connecting into our TLC Family Fridays materials – I am looking forward to seeing all the entries sent in for the competition. I also hear people have been enjoying the devotional resources we released on Monday.
Very few of us have ever known the restrictions that we currently face and there is much anxiety and concern in our country at this time. In TLC, people find themselves concerned about their jobs and families, many have been asked to stay at home for the next 12 weeks and a number are self-isolating at this time. Parents are facing many weeks ahead with beautiful, lively children at home – the same energy and enthusiasm, but a very different routine. And alongside this, we have a few people sick with this virus at the moment with one person in a critical care ward. Let’s keep praying for one another.
Perhaps you are worried and concerned, or perhaps you are struggling in a certain area. My greatest words of comfort and advice to you at this time are to dig into God. He is your refuge and strength, your ever-present help in troubled times, the one who helps you not to fear. Get your Bible open, invite Holy Spirit to fill you and trust Him. And use the devotional resources we are sending out each Monday and go deeper in your walk with Jesus than you ever have.
As the Open Hands staff along with Susan and I fed 90 grateful people in our takeaway-only Pie Night on Tuesday, I was struck by the privilege of being hope carriers to others at this time. A conquered cross and an empty tomb demonstrate to us and everyone that there is still hope. So stay in touch with Jesus.
Also Stay in touch with TLC
– YouTube – subscribe to the Trinity Life Church YouTube channel.
– Facebook – like the TLC Leicester page for latest updates.
– Instagram – follow us at @tlcleicester to stay connected
Stay in touch with others
– Phone someone
– Find a way to connect together
– Use the creative idea we are sending each Monday for how to reach out
Ask for help if you need encouragement, a minister to call you, a food hamper left outside your front door.
– Phone 0116 255 8672
– Email firstname.lastname@example.org
– Message us through social media
And finally please let us know any stories of what God is doing in your world.
We love you all
David and Susan
19th March 2020
A further update from Pastors David & Susan:
Dear Wonderful TLC,
We love the Bible – and God’s word to all of us today is: “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore, we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea” Psalms 46:1-2 NIVUK
Further to our update on Tuesday we wanted to give some information about how we are going to stay connected at this time.
Today we have released our first TLC Midweek Live online. This will be recorded midweek and released every Thursday at 5pm over the next couple of months. I watched it this morning and it’s great. It’s a simple, 35-minute service recorded with some of our staff and contains worship, a message, a wonderful focus for Mother’s Day and some prayers. Set aside time to watch it each week by yourself or as a family. You can access it on our website each week or follow the link we will send out to you – or you can subscribe to the ‘Trinity Life Church’ YouTube page. Here is today’s Midweek Live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Over the next few weeks, we will be contacting you a couple of times a week:
- On Monday mornings we will be sending through a communication with a short daily devotional for that week, a link to some inspirational worship songs, links to helpful resources, ways to pray and some stories of what God is doing. Email us with any stories of what God is doing in and through you- stories you think will bless the wider body of TLC – email@example.com
- On Thursday we will release our weekly ‘TLC Midweek Live’ and will send you a link to this along with any relevant updates from us as a leadership.
- On Fridays, we will send a resource to all our families and children called “TLC Family Fridays!“. This will be a magazine style sheet, a video from the kids and family’s team, competitions to enter and many fun things to help you grow closer to your family, your friends and God. Share this with any other families you think will be blessed by it, we trust and pray it blesses you all.
- We are also putting things in place to facilitate live, interactive streams for our youth and young adults. More details will follow, but we will do all we can to keep every 11-30 year-old connected and growing.
We are praying for you all at this time, but please be in touch if we can help you, pray for you, or if you need support or food please ask. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 0116 2558672. Of course, you can also email your campus pastors.
During a time of being church in a different way it’s important for us to keep giving. There will be costs at this time for TLC to help people, support families, serve the poor and make a difference. With our normal tithes and offerings let’s continue to give by standing order. Thank You everyone.
And if you normally give by cheque or cash on a Sunday please instead give by bank transfer to HSBC Bank – Account number 74616529 – Sort Code 40 28 06. Alternatively, you can give directly through our website.
I have also smiled with God that this Sunday we are launching our vision offering for the new Compassion Centre. If you are in a position to be part of this, please send your giving and pledge forms back to the TLC Building or simply transfer your gift direct to our account above referencing that it’s for the Open Hands Compassion Centre. Thank you so much.
We will pray about many things in the weeks ahead but today here are 3 prayer requests for you to join us in:
- For our wonderful TLC seniors and those in a high-risk group among us at this time.
- For every person serving in our Health Service and Front-line services in Leicester.
- For Angela and Kevin who are being married on Saturday. We bless them.
Keep staying in touch with one another and why not find ways to serve the street you live on? Perhaps a card through doors offering practical care if people need it – let’s bring hope wherever we are.
Finally, lean into Jesus, trust him in everything and remember God is your refuge and strength… He is Your ever-present help in trouble.
We love you,
David and Susan
17th March 2020
An update from Pastors David & Susan:
Dear Wonderful TLC,
Today, I read Paul’s words written to the Philippian church:
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7 NIVUK
In a time of so much uncertainty, I am thankful that we can lean into Jesus and trust him with everything.
Yesterday was an unprecedented day for us and many other church leaders. Some questions that are at the forefront of our minds are…
- How should we care for our amazing people at this time?
- What’s the best way to watch over all our children, young people and seniors?
- How do we offer the right care for the poor?
- How do we reach out into our communities with the love of Jesus?
- How can we respond with humility to government advice?
- What is our faith response to a national crisis?
Firstly, we love you all and as a whole team we want the best for you. We have faith and believe that God is doing something in our world at this time. We also believe we have a responsibility to adhere to guidelines from the government concerning the recent Coronavirus outbreak, to the best of our ability.
We are making a few initial, short-term decisions concerning church life:
- For the next 3 weeks, we will not be meeting as a church on Sundays in any of our campuses.
- We will also be cancelling all of our midweek activity, TLC life groups and outreach events. This will affect all of our ministries, including children and families, young people, young adults and seniors. At the same time, we are discussing creative ways to connect together at this time.
- Our Easter Sunday celebration at the Arena has been cancelled. We will look to reschedule TLC Together to later in the year.
- We will be continuing to serve those in need through Open Hands to the best of our availability, which at this time will be mainly focused around food for those in greatest need.
Alongside some changes, today we’ve also recorded our first ‘TLC Midweek Live’ service that will be available online from Thursday. This is a short, engaging, weekly TLC service for all the family that we will make available to everybody each week.
We will also be sending out resources for families to use at home with their children and enable you to thrive in your faith in this unique time. These will be sent weekly, starting this Friday.
We will send another communication on Thursday with some more updates. But until then, everything is alright, the Father is in charge and His plans will work out.
God is good, and the best is ahead. We love you all,
David & Susan Hind
Senior Leaders, TLC